Saturday, November 25, 2006

Is There A Purpose?

I just saw an interview with Richard Dawkins, who recently published his newest book: The God Delusion! What I found very interesting in his speech was that he does not believe in any form of "God"! For him, faith in "God" is a big illusion we humans have.

I certainly agree with him in many areas! Our current religion and faith is in wrong hands! Our whole idea of God is wrong. I got only one problem with what Richard Dawkins is saying. His theory puts man in a place where his whole life has no purpose. Now why is that?

Lets take it step by step:

1. Richard Dawkins is saying there is no God, no nothing. We are just a result of evolution. There is nothing that we could call God. Here I disagree.

2. If Richard Dawkins is right than all our life, our world is meaningless. Why?

3. There would be no one to remember us. No one to know what we did with our life. When you die your family will remember you. When Earth dies who will remember you? No one. This means that our civilization didn't exist. That means you did not exist. But while I write this and you read it we do exist! If Earth dies and we all die who will be there to remember us?

4. God will. There would be no purpose to live a life and die and never to be remembered. That's why there is a God who will remember us all after everything has died. This is why God is all and we are all a part of him. This is why He knows everything.

5. I am not saying Jesus is God, or Allah or Buddha or anyone, I think these guys are just some very powerful souls which came on Earth, but in no way they are God.

To make it sort: we exist, so God exists. We die, but God will always remember us. This is why we live, what would be the point of life if you died and there would be no one to know you lived.

So you see there is a God. Without one everything you did, saw, felt, heard would have no value because once you die it is dead. And I am certain life has a purpose, but how can life have a purpose if you and Earth will die? Something is wrong here. Death is not the end.

And no we do not go to Heaven or Hell. Why come on Earth live a life and then spend all eternity in Heaven or Hell? Why not live an eternal number of lives? All of which will be remembered by your soul and God.

So you see, Richard Dawkins is wrong in one fundamental aspect! There is purpose to life, we do exist, so that make me 100% sure that there is a God somewhere, who will always remember what you did. This gives you purpose and faith.

No comments: