Yesterday I realised that this blog has been a self-discovery journey. The more I think about it the more I feel like this blog was a search for self or a discovery of self. As you can see there is an obvious progress and change in my posts. I started rather scared about the world we live in, but now I don't feel that way anymore. I've gone past that.
This search has not stooped, but now I can see the beginning of a result. Last year I said that I had no real goal with this blog, but you see, it has and had one. Existence makes purpose possible. I did not know why I made this blog, but its existence gave it purpose.
It was never about the world I lived in, but about me. That might sound a bit selfish, but I find it to be the truth. Selfish is to want to change the world thinking that you are better. This reminds me of what someone said once: We are not here to change the world. We are here so that the world can change us!
I think this change is more visible for me by having this blog. It's just like having a journal and reading what you wrote years back. You will feel the difference. Right now I do not know what the future of this blog looks like since I feel that it did what it had to do. This does not mean an end, but a new beginning.
I don't really feel like writing anymore about things related to our selfish world and its flaws. That I can't change. Writing about it, before, was a way for me to express my dissatisfaction with the way things were. Now I think its more important for me to accept the world I live in and learn from its flaws. The only thing I can change is me and hopefully I can make my world better. There is no way I can change the world. Since the world does not want change, some people want to suffer, its their choice, I have to respect that.
As for this blog, it was and is a wonderful gift. I find it amazing how your own words can lift you up. I suggest to everyone to start writing, it is a great way to knowing yourself.
Here are some beautiful quotations about self:
To the question of your life you are the answer, and to the problems of your life you are the solution. Joe Cordare
People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates. Thomas Szasz
When your heart speaks, take good notes. Judith Campbell
Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor. Dr. Alexis Carrel
A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it. George Moore
He who knows others is learned; He who knows himself is wise. Lao-tzu
Just when I think I have learned the way to live, life changes. Hugh Prather
Quality begins on the inside... and then works its way out. Bob Moawad
There is an eternal landscape, a geography of the soul; we search for its outlines all our lives. Josephine Hart
This search has not stooped, but now I can see the beginning of a result. Last year I said that I had no real goal with this blog, but you see, it has and had one. Existence makes purpose possible. I did not know why I made this blog, but its existence gave it purpose.
It was never about the world I lived in, but about me. That might sound a bit selfish, but I find it to be the truth. Selfish is to want to change the world thinking that you are better. This reminds me of what someone said once: We are not here to change the world. We are here so that the world can change us!
I think this change is more visible for me by having this blog. It's just like having a journal and reading what you wrote years back. You will feel the difference. Right now I do not know what the future of this blog looks like since I feel that it did what it had to do. This does not mean an end, but a new beginning.
I don't really feel like writing anymore about things related to our selfish world and its flaws. That I can't change. Writing about it, before, was a way for me to express my dissatisfaction with the way things were. Now I think its more important for me to accept the world I live in and learn from its flaws. The only thing I can change is me and hopefully I can make my world better. There is no way I can change the world. Since the world does not want change, some people want to suffer, its their choice, I have to respect that.
As for this blog, it was and is a wonderful gift. I find it amazing how your own words can lift you up. I suggest to everyone to start writing, it is a great way to knowing yourself.
Here are some beautiful quotations about self:
To the question of your life you are the answer, and to the problems of your life you are the solution. Joe Cordare
People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates. Thomas Szasz
When your heart speaks, take good notes. Judith Campbell
Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor. Dr. Alexis Carrel
A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it. George Moore
He who knows others is learned; He who knows himself is wise. Lao-tzu
Just when I think I have learned the way to live, life changes. Hugh Prather
Quality begins on the inside... and then works its way out. Bob Moawad
There is an eternal landscape, a geography of the soul; we search for its outlines all our lives. Josephine Hart

2 comments:
Hey, look, it's been nearly 6 months since you put up your "US to attack Iran within 6 months" post, and if anything, tensions have lessened.
MAYBE the American Government isn't out to get everyone!
It's not been 6 months, if USA has any plans with Iran, 2008 will be the year.
I am not as optimistic as you are. Apparently tensions have lessened, but if you take a closer look you will find disturbing news. Such as the news that Iran has suspended any dollars for oil trade. This is what Iraq did and got attacked.
Iran is officialy a target because it refuses to trade oil for dollars. This is very bad for the US economy, if more states follow (Venezuela), US economy will collapse.
Post a Comment